The deadline for applications to the RMHC U.S. Scholarship program is January 20, 2016. Please visit https://www.rmhc.org/rmhc-us-scholarships for more information and a link to the application page.
RMHC-NOLA, our local McDonald’s owner/operators, and RMHC, together offer scholarship programs to students in financial need who have demonstrated academic achievement, leadership and community involvement. Since 1985, more than $52 million in scholarships have been awarded nationally.
HOW TO APPLY:
Students may apply online. Graduating high school seniors may only apply for one of the four scholarships. Graduating high school seniors may only apply for one of the four scholarships. The deadline for the 2016 academic year is January 20, 2016 at 11:59 PM Central Time Zone, and all mailed back-up documents must be postmarked by the same date. Applicants will be notified of scholarship award status by June 30, 2016.
The four types of scholarships available include:
RMHC®/Scholars: All students are eligible to apply regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability or national origin.
RMHC®/African-American Future Achievers: Applicant must have at least one parent of African American or Black Caribbean heritage.
RMHC®/Asia: Applicant must have at least one parent of Asian-Pacific heritage.
RMHC®/HACER®: Applicant must have at least one parent of Hispanic/Latino heritage.
General Eligibility Requirements
To apply for an RMHC scholarship, a student must:
- Be a high school senior.
- Be younger than 21 years old.
- Be eligible to attend a two- or four-year college, university or technical school with a full course of study.
- Be a legal U.S. resident.
- Live in a participating RMHC Chapter’s geographic area.
- Submit a complete application and all required documentation by the deadline of the application.
- Meet any additional eligibility requirements outlined by each scholarship program.
- Provide verification of enrollment each year at respective accredited post-secondary institution.
Through RMHC, you can make a world of difference for the families who depend on us.